Thursday, May 28, 2020

My New Favorite Cookies

I am not a huge cookie eater most of the time.  Usually, I can only eat one, MAYBE two, but then that is enough sweet stuff for me.  I grew up in a very health conscious home so when I first got out on my own, I went a little crazy with the sweets.  I've now cooled down and have a more moderate appreciation for goodies like cookies, cake, pie, and candy.  

A friend of mine shared a recipe on Facebook recently that I had to try. They were called Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I had a plethora of bananas and since my one year old is the only one who eats them at our house, there was no way she was going to get to them before they got all brown and gross.  It looked like a pretty simple recipe so I decided give it a try.  BEST DECISION EVER (unless you are asking my waistline)!!


Click on the picture above to take you to the recipe.  Those are not my cookies... those are the ones from the website.  I don't have the photography skills to show you how mine turned out, but they were pretty close to the same.  I don't put as many chocolate chips in mine and my second batch had a combo of white chocolate, regular chocolate and pecans.  

Anyway, let me tell you about these cookies... They are delectable!  The dough isn't overly sweet and is light and fluffy making them taste like they were made from cake mix.  I don't know if it is the bananas, the sour cream, or what but they have the perfect cookie texture.  The bananas are not overpowering but give you a pleasant and unique flavor, different from your generic chocolate chip cookies.  You can mix and match and whatever sort of extras you want to them and I am sure they would all be delicious.  The first time I just added chocolate chips and they were to die for.  The second time I made them I mixed white and regular chocolate chips and also added crushed pecans.  I literally have to force myself to stop going back for "just one more."  I try to savor each one and make it last, but one is never enough.  

If you are worried about your waistline, then these might not be the cookies for your, but if you are worried at all then why would you be thinking about making cookies?  I, on the other hand, want to enjoy every minute of the rest of my life and I certainly enjoy every second I spend eating one of these.  Everything in moderation, of course, so I won't be making these too often, but you can be sure that I will never go back to regular old chocolate chip cookies again.

Thanks recipes2day.org for my absolute favorite quarantine recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment